[mapserver-users] mapserver cgi rotating labels

Tim Sutton sutton_t at giug.net
Thu Oct 11 08:42:50 EDT 2001

Hi

The 'GD' library is what allows mapserver to make images from your
shapefiles. It should be included with your distribution of mapserver.
When the GD library is built, you need to compile in freetype support.
Freetype is a library that allows GD to manipulate TrueType fonts -
including doing stuff like scaling and rotating fonts.

I don't know what is involved with compiling under mapserver under NT,
but I suggest either using linux, or trying to find a precompiled
version of linux for NT that includes GD + Freetype support.

hope that helps

Tim