[mapserver-users] mapserver cgi rotating labels

toni hernández toni at giscampus.udg.es
Thu Oct 11 02:26:36 EDT 2001

Hi every body,

I am building a quite good map in the net. I have almost finished it but is
still one more step ahead.

Is it possible to autorotate and autosize the labels of a line shape with
mapserver 3.4 cgi upon Windows Nt 4.0?
I made the same question  and Stephen told me:

"It's not a mapfile issue, the GD library the software was built against
didn't have
Freetype support. Either rebuild or get a new version..."
But I don't understand what it means. What is the GD library? How can I
rebuild it? Is this matter solved with version 3.5?

Thank you very much (in advance)