[mapserver-users] ArcIMS Emulations

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Oct 15 19:54:41 EDT 2001

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Hmmm, that's two people now asking for PHP. I was going to do a re-write
> before moving onwards, to make the code cleaner. I will investigate PHP
> a bit, and see how good the XML handling is.

You may want to have a look at Php.Xpath.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpxpath/

Much simpler than trying to use the XML parser API embedded in PHP
directly.  I use phpxpath to parse XML capabilities in a WMS client
application that we're building with MapServer.

If you're not familiar with the XPath syntax, the following tutorial
will teach you the basics in 15 minutes (really!):
http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XPathTutorial/General/examples.html

> Don't you people realize
> that Perl is God, and God is Perl?

But don't forget that Windows is a creation of the Evil Empire.
That would explain why Windows and Perl don't go along very well!  ;-)

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca