[mapserver-users] MapServer Newbie

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at mediaone.net
Mon Oct 15 20:42:49 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I just downloaded ms_3.4 and ms_demo and have them built and installed,

<!-- MapServer Version 3.4 -GD_1_8 -FreeType -TIFF -EPPL7 -JPEG -->

but I am having a problem with the demo.map file, specifically parsing
the symbol.sym file I made by:

cat shaded.sym marker.sym line.sym > symbol.sym

I have commented out the following lines

#SHADESET
#END # SHADESETMARKERSET
#END # MapServer Demo Marker Set
#LINESET

and converted the gif files to png files, but now get an error parsing
the line styles

getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. (STYLED):(110)

It looks like maplexer.l is not designed to parse this file in 3.4. Does
anyone have a working symbol.sym file for ms_3.4

Many thanks,
  -Stephen Woodbridge
   http://swoodbridge.com/

Here is what my symbol.sym file looks like:

#SHADESET

Symbol
Type VECTOR
TRANSPARENT 0