[mapserver-users] RE: mapserver and coldfusion (cfx)

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Oct 16 09:48:52 EDT 2001

Paul,

Oooooh, I'd be very inetersted in seeing that!

I'm afraid I'm really not qualified in helping with the coding, but I'll
gladly beta-test it, and possibly help with documentation, as well as
provide comments and ideas whenever I can.

My first thoughts would be to write a MapScript like module for CF that
would provide a very similar set of functions to CF in the same way
MapScript does to  Perl or Python ... I don't even know if that's doable
with CF, but that would be it seems to be, the best, most consistent
approach.

I was also wondering about SWIG, Java and the Java Support built into CF
(Especially 5). Might that be a path to follow? You'd hit 2 birds with one
stone: A CF usable MapServer interface, AND a Java one!

My main interest here is that we are in process of looking at Web content
management systems, and MapServer integration will most likely be a factor.
My current favorite is Zope, which is built on Python, and therefore
supports MapServer ... But there are many CF based solutions out there I'd
like ot be able to look at (As well as Java ones, hence my previous comment
:).  I suspect I'm not the only one with this kind of requirement either ...

My .02 cents ...
J.F.