[mapserver-users] legend crashes

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Oct 17 09:46:50 EDT 2001

There is an issue with GD and Freetype an non-antialiased fonts. Previously I hacked the GD/Freetype interface to make it work correctly when antialiasing was off. I still have the Freetype 1 version that I can pass along to the GD folks but I've not tried fixing Freetype 2. I'd hoped that the authors had fixed it themselves. Guess not. When antialiasing is on the results *should* be identical.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Štepán Kafka 2 <stepan.kafka at centrum.cz> 10/17/01 07:55 AM >>>
Daniel,
    the new version of ms 3.5 works fine, but labels look worse than in
older versions. (With ANTIALIAS they look better, but not so nice like in
3.4) There are the examples of legend (without antialias - labels looks
similar in the maps)

The 3.4 version

The 3.5. version

Stepan Kafka