[mapserver-users] OGC and Mapserver

Hockaday, John JohnHockaday at auslig.gov.au
Thu Oct 18 02:35:41 EDT 2001

Hi,

I want to implement a simple OpenGIS compliant Web Map Service using
Mapserver to test the WMS concepts.  I believe that Mapserver version 3.5 is
capable of doing this however, I've been waiting for 3.5 to be stable and
beyond the nightly builds before I attempt this project.  I don't have CVS
just RCS.  I therefore, have the following questions:

1. Has anyone set up a simple OpenGIS compliant WMS using mapserv?  If so
how difficult was it and can you supply any examples?

2. Is Mapserver version 3.5 stable enough for me to confidently implement
and smoothly run a WMS and if not when will it be stable enough.

3. Is it easy to convert 3.4 mapfiles format into 3.5 mapfiles format?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

John Hockaday