[mapserver-users] Aussie XML Metadata parser

Lyndon Zimmermann lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
Fri Oct 19 02:43:22 EDT 2001

I enquired a few weeks seeking an XML Parser for Australian ANZLIC XML
metadata but none readily implemented were unearthed.  I've implemented
one in Perl on an NT box, test interface at
http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/bioenergy_atlas/atlas_metadata_2.html

Forget the line by line stuff, the tabular presentation is much more
attractive.  Unless you're wondering "why XML"?  The line by line and
tabular are both presentations of a common sourcefile.

It's still a bit ragged around the edges and doesn't like multiple
paragraph "Additional metadata" for some reason.  I'd like to toss in
the facility to accept and process a "brief" argument in the call, and
present only Abstract and perhaps Lineage.  Ideas gratefully received.
Let me know if you want a copy of the script.

Source XML is at
http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/bioenergy_atlas/metadata/xml/ You may
have opinions on my coding!

ESRI have a ANZLIC XML plugin for ArcCatalog. A colleague has installed
it but we haven't looked too close yet. Has anyone used it?  Opinions?
I haven't looked at the MS ACCESS based XML generator either. Again,
opinions?

Lyndon Z

--
Lyndon Zimmermann
BE (Mech Adelaide) Grad Dip Bus Admin (UniSA)

"Bioenergy Atlas for Australia" Co-ordinator
University of Adelaide Agronomy and Farming Systems
C/- GISCA, 4th floor, 10 Pulteney St, Adelaide 5005
Dir (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3975 Switch (GISCA) 8303 3900 Mob 0414 91 4577
Fax (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3498 email lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/lzimmerm/zimm.htm

Biomass Energy Atlas Website (note it has moved!):
http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/bioenergy_atlas/atlas_index.html

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message and attachments may
be forwarded or quoted, with due acknowledgement.  No representation is
made that this email is free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended
and is the responsibility of the recipient.