[mapserver-users] Optimising Image quality

Tim Sutton sutton_t at giug.net
Wed Oct 24 15:24:48 EDT 2001

Hi

Thank you for your replies. My preference _is_ to use PNG as I prefer
to use 'open' formats.I do all my development on Linux and my testing
with Linux / Mozilla. When testing with PNG support on IE 5.0, I
found that IE prompted to 'save file as' instead of displaying the png
image as expected. Further, under IE 5.0 when using PNG + rosa, no
image was displayed. Is there something I am missing? Which browsers
actually support PNG? Which ones support PNG with transparency. Could
there be some problem with the IE browser config?

Many thanks

Tim