[mapserver-users] Optimising Image quality

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Oct 24 17:53:22 EDT 2001

> There are two issues here - IE support for PNG and Rosa/Java
> support for PNG.  IE 5.0 supports PNG just fine - it looks
> like somehow you've done something to modify your config,
> probably by installing some graphics program that claimed to
> "own" PNG mime-types AFTER you installed IE 5.0.

I ran into this problem when I installed QuickTime (on Windows).
QT installed itself as a plugin to IE and Netscape and took
over handling of PNG images. Unfortunately the QT-as-plugin
would display nothing but a blank page.

I could not find a way to get QT not to handle PNG images so
I uninstalled it and have never looked back.

-matt

Matt Wilkie * Yukon Renewable Resources GIS
http://renres.gov.yk.ca/pubs/rrgis/