[mapserver-users] Compile error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 6 12:40:30 EDT 2001

Aaron Hunt wrote:

> I am trying to compile mapserver 3.5 with
>

> ./configure --with-proj --with-gdal --with-ogr
>

> And I get the below compile error on the make
>

> In file included from mapproject.h:15,
>                  from map.h:33,
>                  from mapogr.cpp:126:
> /usr/local/include/projects.h:74: declaration of `double hypot (double,
> double)' throws different exceptions
> /usr/include/bits/mathinline.h:617: than previous declaration `double
> hypot (double, double) throw ()'
> make: *** [mapogr.o] Error 1

Aaron,

What platform are you on?  I am not sure why this is happening to you,
but not others.  However, I believe if you upgrade to the latest PROJ.4

(4.4.3 at http://www.remotesensing.org/proj) and then reconfigure and

rebuild MapServer I think you will find this goes away.  The 4.4.3 version
of PROJ.4 carefully segregates public declarations into proj_api.h and
private ones into projects.h.  The hypot() declaration in projects.h is
presumably intended to help in cases where it is missing from math.h, but
in the C++ build case (of mapogr.cpp) it conflicts with the proper C++
declaration of hypot() which includes exception information.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Best regards,