[mapserver-users] GPF

Wolfgang W. Wasserburger wasserburger at plan.at
Fri Sep 7 13:24:25 EDT 2001

Hi list,

just experimented and now liking to get mapserver to run, we have a few
problems:

#) we tried the precompiled Mapserver 3.4 on NT, GIF-Version (PNG and 3.5
are looking simular!)

#) we have al lot of street types for different colors and sizes.

#) when someone zooms in very near, Mapserver causes Dr. Watson to come up
on the server with a General Protection Fault.

#) when anotherone on the server hits OK very fast, the map is submitted,
otherwise we get Server Error 500 "couldn't find CGI-output ....."

#) funny: we liked to color pedestrian areas in green. This causes the
described error. When we pan to another location it sometimes doesn't make
an error, sometimes it does, even if there are no new pedestrian areas. If
we change the color to white or black or red, no errors occur.

Any suggestions? Any ideas how to solve it? Workarounds?

Greetings from Vienna, Austria

Wolfgang W. Wasserburger