[mapserver-users] Polygon symbols

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Fri Sep 7 18:17:01 EDT 2001

I asked the same question and Sam Paske offered the following answer, which
works great. Set SYMBOL for the desired hatch pattern and SIZE for the
desired spacing.

Rich
==== Sam Paske's email ================
I have gotten transparent fills to work on one of my map sites:
http://www.kapurgis.com/agsmaps/t-cdrbrg/zoning_init.html
I used the ellipse symbol as follows to set up a layer class:
CLASS
    NAME "A-1"
    EXPRESSION 'A-1'
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    SYMBOL 1
    SIZE 1
    COLOR 128 225 185
END

At 11:26 AM 9/7/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Are there symbols available to "shade" a polygon with something like
>diagonal lines or interspersed dots instead of actual color shades?
>If not, is it possible to create some and add them to the symbol file?
>
>Thanks,
>Stephan

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.