[mapserver-users] msCalculateScale() error.

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Sep 7 17:28:52 EDT 2001

I made the change to the scale calculation function to make sure that
an extent is valid before proceeding. The PHP code most likely needs
to be upgraded to ignore that error (there are occations when that is
OK to do) if appropriate. The rest of my testing has shown no ill affects
to the change.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Vinko Vrsalovic B." <v at w.cl> 09/07/01 02:59PM >>>

Hello,

	Testing the last version of PHP Mapscript (the one that solved
the invalid map handle issue), I now cannot change the extent, zoom
and the like of the image. The error is:

Fatal error: MapServer Error in msCalculateScale(): Invalid image extent. in
/path/file on line XX

This happens whenever I call the setextent or zoompoint methods (I assume
it happens with the other methods that mess with the extent also, but I'm not
using them, so I couldn't tell).

That takes me to the second question:

How do I retrieve from the CVS an old version? (the previous 3.5, for
instance) I can find my way through with the invalid map handle, but not
without changing the extent or zoom or pan. (Stupid me, I should have
made a backup)

Thanks,
--
V. <v at w.cl>