[mapserver-users] Compile probelems RH7.0

Bart van Heijningen bart at atsence.nl
Wed Sep 12 11:42:45 EDT 2001

First of all I would like to express my sympathy for the american people
during these terrible times.

I realize that my little problems have no significance at all in respect to
what is going on in the US right now.

Bart van Heijningen

Maybe if one has some time please look at this for a sec.

I just cannot get the mapserver php interface compiled.

I use:
Mapserver 3.4
GD 1.2
RH 7.0
php 3.0.18
Apache 1.3.19

I "use" the hints described in the document PHP/MapScript compile and
install on RedHat 6.x

I have Php working witha Apache just fine. (I downgraded to php3 as I got
error messages complaining about the version of my php4)

I use
./configure --with-gd=gd-1.2 --without-ttf --with-php=../php-3.0.18 --with-a
pxs

All the time results in a php error mesg saying:

--cut --
--------------------------------------
--------     important !!! -------
--------------------------------------

To use PHP extentions on your OS, you will have tio recompile PHP.
You need to edit the Makefile with in the php3 directory and add -"to the
start of the LDFLAGS line at the top of the makefile"

-des-Doptimze=-02 -march=i386 -mcpu=i386 -Dcc=gcc
_Dcccdlflags=-fPIC -Dinstalprefix=/usr -Dprefix=/usr -Darchname=i386-linux -
Dd_dosuid -Dd_semctl_semun -Di_db -Di_ndbm -Di_gdbm -Di_shadow -Di_syslog -D
man3ext=3pm -Uuselargefiles -rdynamic

--cut--

I put this in the Configuration.tmpl file as suggested as I use the APACI
built mechanism

But... this changes nothing the same erroro occurs and the ./configure ends
with

-- cut --
creating Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: undeterminated 's' command
creating gdft/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: undeterminated 's' command
creating mapscript/php3/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: undeterminated 's' command

-- cut --

Then I do a make and the result is:

-- cut --
make: ** No targets. Stop.
-- cut --

I tried quite some things but I am treall stuck now for a fe weeks