[mapserver-users] How to compile mapserv with FreeType support ? HELP !!!!!!!!!

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Sep 12 14:22:48 EDT 2001

Stéphane Bricard wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to compile mapserv (3.5 nightly build) with FreeType support.
> Freetype 2.04 is installed, GD1.3 also (I was previously using it with PHP
> 4.05).
>
> - Here are my compile options :
>
> mapserver
> ./configure --with-php=../php-4.0.6 --with-gd=../gd1.3 --with-freetype=/usr/
> local/bin/freetype-config

Stephane,

Starting with MapServer 3.5, Freetype is supported via the GD library
and not directly as it used to be.  This means that you need to compile
MapServer with a GD that includes Freetype support and then MapServer's
configure should detect that GD supports Freetype and will enable
truetype fonts in MapServer.  I don't think GD1.3 could support
Freetype, so you'll probably have to upgrade to GD1.8.x.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca