[mapserver-users] Labels and Classes

Vinko Vrsalovic B. v at w.cl
Thu Sep 13 21:29:11 EDT 2001

Two questions PHP/MS related:

	Number One: How can I tell a layerObj not to draw the labels
defined in the mapfile? I've tried setting labelitem to "", but that
prevents the drawing of the entire layer, not only the labels.

	I also tried setting the text of the classes to "", but
MapServer complains about an error in getSymbol if I do so. (BTW, the
docs for settext are wrong, they say (string text), it should be
(layerObj layer, string text)).

	I need to do this to show labels from another layer, given a
certain amount of zoom and not mixing those labels with the previous.
(i can turn off the layer, but that's not the idea).

	Number Two: How can I dynamically add classes to a layerObj?
I see the getClass method, but no set or addClass.

--
V. <v at w.cl>