[mapserver-users] Postgres and msSearchDiskTree():

Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au
Sun Sep 16 22:05:08 EDT 2001

List,
	I'm running a recent nightly build of Mapserver on a Solaris Unix
server utilising Apache. I'm accessing numerous data layers from PostgresSQL
and have no problems displaying or querying attributes in the standard
manner. However when using one polygon layer to conduct a 'featurenquery' on
another polygon layer, I occassionaly get the error message:

"msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file."

This error is not consistant - some polygons work OK, others don't. The
problem does not appear to be related to the number of records returned
either, as this also appears to be relatively 'random'.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Robin Ellis
Department of Natural Resources and Mines
Burnett District
+61 7 4131 5771
Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.

computer system network.