[mapserver-users] Load balancing script

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Sep 18 12:14:38 EDT 2001

Here's the script I wrote a few years back based on Chris' original work which was
not MapServer based. It's a perl script that you reference instead of the MapServer
CGI program. The script checks that state of a pool of machine and fires the CGI
request to the appropriate machine. The perl script and the MapServer setup need
to be in place on all boxes. It's possible to have a single balance script as well.

I ran this across 4 Sun 250's and it worked like a charm, each machine kicked out
roughly the same number of maps each day.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Lowell Filak <lfilak at yahoo.com> 09/18/01 11:02AM >>>
In a previous discussion at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/majordom_lists/archives/mapserver-users/html/0101/msg00049.html
 there was reference to a load balancing script based
on work by Chris Stuber
 being posted to the site. Does anyone know where that
script is located?
Thanks.
Lowell Filak