[mapserver-users] projection confusion

Matt Carlson matt at aruke.com
Thu Sep 20 03:54:50 EDT 2001

version : 3.3.011
built with proj : 4.4.3

hi,  we are dealing with a client right now that is saying that the building
polys being served up by mapserver look 'crooked'.  is this a projection
issue?  the files are using dd for units, do these need to be projected a
certain way to look right?  i tried playing with some different projections
in my map file and always came up with a white map.  i'm suspecting my map
is being projected out into nowhere.  when the data was originally made it
was projected from meters to wgs84 dd.  do i need to define a projection in
mapserver in order for these buildings to come out right?  is this something
that can be defined in the map file?

thnks for any help, i'm a programmer not a gis guy basically lost here.

matt