[mapserver-users] epsg usage - getProjection ? (FWD)

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Sep 20 09:15:39 EDT 2001

Bruno Gendron wrote:

> 1. How can I use the epsg projection codes in
> Mapserver on Win2000? So far, on Linux, epsg codes in
> the form
>
> PROJECTION
>         "init=epsg:4130"
> END
>
> are working great, but not on Windows, where I get the
> following error: "no system list"... Also, is there a
> way to create a predefined list of requently used
> projections?

The system list it is looking for is a file called "epsg".  On Unix it
is usually installed under /usr/local/share/proj, and on Windows, PROJ4
looks for it in directory C:\proj.

So you have to get a copy of the "epsg" file and place it in C:\proj.
You can get it from the PROJ4 source distribution at
http://www.remotesensing.org/proj , and we also made a copy available
for download on our site at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/proj4-epsg.zip

> 2. Is there a way to access, from PHP-MapScript, the
> projection parameters of a map, using a method like
> $mapObj->getProjection()? If not, any suggestions?
>
> Thanks...

There is currently no way to access the projection settings of a map or
a layer in PHP MapScript.  You may want to file this in bugzilla as an
enhancement and we'll try to add this at some point in the future.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca