[mapserver-users] mapfile help

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Wed Sep 26 09:23:26 EDT 2001

I see that you don't have a STATUS line for any of your layers. I don't know
if STATUS is required... but I use it, and my stuff is working! ;)

You might try starting off with your layers as off or default. Then turn
them ON with mapscript. You might also try turning off your scale limits
while you're debugging.

Here's a layer definition from one of my mapfiles:

LAYER
  NAME "OrthoPhoto"
  DATA "S:\PROJECTS\20000156\images\lp_bw6.tif"
  STATUS OFF
  MAXSCALE 8000
  OFFSITE 0
  TYPE RASTER
END

...on the PHP side, I'm controlling visibility like this:

$Layer = $map->getlayerbyname("OrthoPhoto");
if (($HTTP_POST_VARS['OrthoPhoto']) AND ($map->scale < 8000))
  $Layer->set("status", 1);
else
 $Layer->set("status", 0);

Hope this helps.