[mapserver-users] Subsitute for styled in 3.5 symbol file?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Sep 26 13:22:21 EDT 2001

I posted the solution to this in a previous thread (several months ago) so
please see that for code snippets and so on. Basically you need to use
overlayed symbols (i.e. a thin line over a thick line) to achieve that effect.
The only difference between the approaches is that the center of a line
is no longer transparent.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Bart van Heijningen" <bart at atsence.nl> 09/26/01 09:18AM >>>
Hi all,

Now the styled option is no longer available in the symbol.sym from version
3.5 I have not succeeded in making an highway as was possible with the
STYLED option in the line.sym file.

Like:

Symbol
Type STYLED
SYLE
    -1 1 8
     0 0 0
     1 1 8
END
END

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Bart