[mapserver-users] [Fwd: getFeatureInfo]

Jeff McKenna mckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Apr 1 09:36:43 EST 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: getFeatureInfo
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:11:10 -0500
From: Doug Nebert <ddnebert at fgdc.gov>
To: mckenna at dmsolutions.ca
CC: Stephen Lime <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>

Jeff:

How do I set up a getFeatureInfo on a mapserver layer? I looked
on the website but did not see the particular example for this.
But I did find your email link...

Also, is there a way to slave the "STYLE" request in a WMS getMap
request to go to one or another mapfile section? For example, I
have set up a current conditions weather data server with both
a WMS and WFS interface. Since it has many hourly parameters,
I'd like to expose many possibilities to label. One convenient
way to do this might be have one weather layer and have STYLEs
for each parameter that would set the label item or symbol
differently, requiring different mapfile blocks.
Thus one could display temperature, dewpoint, wind direction,
etc as "styles" of weather display.  Is this possible, or must
I treat these as distinct layers?

Thanks.

Doug.

--
Douglas D. Nebert
Geospatial Data Clearinghouse Coordinator