[mapserver-users] Problems with the Itasca demo and gifs/pngs.

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Mon Apr 1 12:48:30 EST 2002

Ben,
In the imagepath you need to give the absolute path to this tmp dir. while
in the imageurl you will need to give the relative path to the tmp dir.
from your map file. Also your tmp dir. must have write permissions.
Also try checking the server's error log and mapserver's error log.

> > I don't see that exact error message in the demo_readme
> > troubleshooting section, but my version of GD doesn't support GIFs, so
> > I thought that might be the problem anyway.  So I converted all the
> > GIFs in the "symbols" and "graphics" directories to PNGs, and changed
> > all '.gif' extensions in "demo.map" to '.png'.  Now the server will
> > initialize, but I don't get any images.  The images don't appear as
> > broken, they just don't show up.  I had similar problems once with a
> > web script I was writing when I didn't send the correct image headers.
>
> Sorry, the images _are_ broken.  The URIs for the images are
> '/tmp/somerandomnumber.png' but there are no files under the server's
> /tmp directory (which maps to /var/www/html/tmp on the filesystem).
> Just wanted to clear that up.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
> --