[mapserver-users] Problems with the Itasca demo and gifs/pngs.

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Wed Apr 3 05:59:23 EST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 11:48:30AM -0600, Pushkar Pradhan wrote:
> Ben,
> In the imagepath you need to give the absolute path to this tmp dir. while
> in the imageurl you will need to give the relative path to the tmp dir.
> from your map file. Also your tmp dir. must have write permissions.
> Also try checking the server's error log and mapserver's error log.

Thanks, now it works.  The problem appears to have been the
permissions on the tmp dir.  I gave them 775, but they need 777 (the
cgi doesn't run under my uid).  Stupid mistake on my part...I've dealt
with that problem a 100 times on my own CGI's.  :)

It also worked to convert all the GIFs to PNGs and replace all
occurrences of .gif with .png in demo.map.  Now the symbols all work.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

Let's organize this thing and take all the fun out of it.