[mapserver-users] attributes from *.dbf file

Alexander Shostko shostko at ureach.com
Wed Apr 3 00:16:35 EST 2002

Dear mapserver users!

Thanks in advance for the help!

If there are a attributes defined for each shape in *.dbf file,
let's say STATE and LEVEL. State is a string and level is an
integer.  I need to use it from the map file to set the color.
Is it sufficient to use the expression , for ezample:

CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([STATE] = &#8220;Alaska&#8221; and [LEVEL] > 3 and [LEVEL] <
6 )
  COLOR 255 0 0
END
CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([STATE] = &#8220;Virginia&#8221; and [LEVEL]  > 6 and [LEVEL]
< 9 )
  COLOR 0 255 0
END

Well, I tried , it does not do anything. But even if it does,
does it set the color for each shape in the layer? (Not sure)

Thanks a lot
Alexander Shostko
shostko at ureach.com