[mapserver-users] how come drawMap works?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Apr 3 15:46:27 EST 2002

I don't believe this can be classified as a build bug. One could call it
a feature of ld. If you
"install" libmap.a in the system libraries then of course you need to
install the new one
before building mapscript. The same goes for GD, Freetype, libtiff
etc...

Changing the Makefile won't help. Libs in the system directories always
override local copies.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> 04/02/02 04:37PM >>>
I think I have an idea about this. There is a serious bug in the build
environment - when you build mapscript it does NOT link with the just
built libmap.a!!!! It links with the installed version of libmap.a if
it
exists! The Makefile(s) for mapscript need to explicitly load
../..libmap.a so insure that the correct one is loaded.

Puneet, see if you have a /usr/lib/libmap.a or /usr/local/lib/libmap.a
and delete it then make clean; make and you will probably get the
error.

Could somebody chnage the Makefile(s). I will add this to bugzilla.

-Steve Woodbridge