[mapserver-users] Spatial data from Oracle - how?

Bjarni Pjetursson Bjarni.Pjetursson at tietoenator.com
Thu Apr 4 08:58:49 EST 2002

Hi,
I've succesfully run the Gmap and Itasca demo and managed to replace the old
shp-files with my own, but now I want to retrieve data from a database.

On the main page of MapServer it is said: "If the data has a spatial
component and you can get to it via your favorite scripting enviroment then
you can map it."

But I can't find any documentation on data from a database. How can I pass
the data on to MapServer?

I want to use Perl or PHP on Apache HP Unix. I have my spatial data in an
Oracle 8.1.6 database (not Oracle Spatial).

What  to do?
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Bjarni Thor Pjetursson