[mapserver-users] RE: perplexing error: msDrawShape(): Only p olygon shapes can be.. .

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Apr 4 10:37:55 EST 2002

I guess I will have to do something like this as well.

But, here's the funny thing. Exactly the same layer (same physical layer,
same definition in the map file) works just fine in MS3.4, but croaks in
MS3.5.

Additionally, as I noted, as long as I don't use any of zoom methods, it
draws ok as a polygon. As soon as I use a zoom method, it complains that it
is not a polygon.

Tested it in Arcview for unclean polys, or polys with area not greater 0...
nothing out of the ordinary at all.

pk/