[mapserver-users] PROJ problems

Stephane MOREL stephane.morel at vanoise.com
Fri Apr 5 03:27:16 EST 2002

I got Proj from ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/proj/proj-4.4.5.tar.gz.
I compile it
1)-with --prefix=/home/mapserver_3.5/proj-4.4.5/
./configure
make
make install (ok)
then I recompile mapserver --with-proj
./configure --with-proj=/home/mapserver_3.5/proj-4.4.5/
make (ok)
when I run ./mapserv
./mapserv: error while loading shared libraries : libproj.so.0: cannot
load share object file: No such file or directory

2)- without --prefix :
./configure
make
make install

Evreything is fine.
Then I recompile mapserver with --proj
./configure --with-proj=/usr/local/lib/
configure: error: couldn't find projects.h or libproj.a/libproj.so in
/usr/local/lib/
libproj.a and libproj.so are in this directory BUT projects.h are in
/usr/local/include/

What am I missing ?

stef