[mapserver-users] PROJ problems

Morten Hulden morten at ngb.se
Fri Apr 5 05:45:22 EST 2002

If you installed proj without changing the default prefix, libproj.so goes
into /usr/local/lib

You must let your system know where to find the dynamic library
libproj.so. If you are root, it may be as simple as running ldconfig, if
the path to the directory where libproj.so lives is already defined
/etc/ld.conf.

Otherwise you can edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add the path, then run
ldconfig.

If you are not root (unlikely), the programs you run will have to rely on
the $LD_LIB_PATH environment variable to find dynamic libraries.

MHu