[mapserver-users] Advice requested: CGI

Twan Kogels twan at twansoft.com
Tue Apr 9 10:31:38 EDT 2002

Hello,

I've got a server online with mapserver 3.5 (stable release) and php4.0.x.
I've installed php as DSO module in apache. Yesterday the systemadmin
noticed that the current version of php4 has a major bug (the famous upload
bug). So he wants to upgrade php4 to php4.1.2.

Today i downloaded the nightly package of mapserver and php4.1.2 and
installed everything local. php is now installed as CGI, but this is not
ideal, cause my other php scripts are executing slow when accessed with a
HTTP/1.1 browser. For example:
===begin.php===
<?
#!/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/php
if($todo=="go")
{
         header("Location: pagina.php");
         exit;
}
?>
<A href="begin.php?todo=go">test</a>
============

===pagina.php===
<?
#!/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/php
header("Location: begin.php");
exit;
?>
When you click on the "test" link in "begin.php" it takes a whopping 6
seconds to execute when using a HTTP/1.1 browser (HTTP/1.0 goes smoothly).

What should i do? I can't take the major performance hit on my scripts, i
also can't keep a server with a major bug online.

Best regards,
- Twan

--
http://www.twansoft.com