[mapserver-users] Fwd: PostGIS problem..

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Apr 9 11:30:02 EDT 2002

I have the exact same problem.  I was able to insert shape data into my
database though - doesn't that mean things are working okay at that end.
I'm able to query the table okay too from psql.  Has anyone else built the
current CVS and experienced the same problem?

Tyler

                    "Steve Lime"
                    <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>        To:     <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                    Sent by:                            cc:
                    owner-mapserver-users at lists.g       Fax to:
                    is.umn.edu                          Subject:     [mapserver-users] Fwd: PostGIS problem..

                    04/08/2002 09:49 PM

----- Message from "Brian Tomaszewski" <btski at rochester.rr.com> on Mon, 8
Apr 2002 20:45:06 -0400 -----

      To: <mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu>

 Subject: PostGIS problem..

Hello

Does anyone out there have any info on what might cause:

msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error. msPOSTGISLayerOpen called but
unimplemented!

I complied Mapserver 3.5 --with postGIS, and the rest of it is working
fine,
except when I try to add the postGIS layer

Here is my map file snippet:

LAYER
        CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
        NAME "river"
        CONNECTION "user=postgresql password=XXXXX dbname=gis
host=192.168.1.101 port=5432"
        DATA "the_geom from genesse_river"
        STATUS ON
        TYPE LINE

        CLASS
                #NAME "RIVER"
                     COLOR 205 92 82
        END
END

Thanks you in advance for the help. I will send more info if need be.

Brian Tomaszewski