[mapserver-users] Fwd: PostGIS problem..

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Tue Apr 9 14:57:11 EDT 2002

 Does anyone out there have any info on what might cause:

> msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error. msPOSTGISLayerOpen called but
> unimplemented!
>
> I complied Mapserver 3.5 --with postGIS, and the rest of it is working fine,
> except when I try to add the postGIS layer

This happens when you havent compiled mapserver without postgis
support.  You have to explictly
tell mapserver to add in support.

When you "./configure", you should do it like:

./configure  --with-postgis=/usr/bin/pg_config

Your pg_config program maybe in a different location.  pg_config tells
mapserver where the postgresql include and lib directories are.

You should check your configure log and see if you specified where
pg_config is correctly and that configure found it sucessfully.

dave