[mapserver-users] Mapserver and Windows

Lowell.Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Tue Apr 9 11:35:07 EDT 2002

Our experience has been that:
1) Linux is cheaper if not altogether free.
2) Apache, Perl, libtiff, gd, PHP is usually installed as part of the
system and if it isn't it seems to install easier than on other platforms.
3) A lot of the system commands built into *n*x are not as readily
available on other platforms, ie. find & cron. Which may not seem like
much to start with but sure helps when deleting those pesky temporary files.
I would suspect there is a work-a-round or "add-on" that can be purchased
to fix some of the above situations, however the more I work with it the
more I realize how much is built-into the system that I take for granted.
My $0.02
Lowell F.