[mapserver-users] Adding points to existing shapefile

Robert Crossley robert at wotzhere.com
Thu Apr 11 02:18:09 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I am now trying to add a point and data to an existing shapefile.

The archives suggest this can be achieved using perl or php using the shapeobj

I am getting the point location and data from an ActiveX control, not from the browser itself.
I can probably raise an event that will allow me to interact with MapServer as I have done
to produce a querymap using CGI calls, but am unsure of how to deal with it.  (very new at this whole
browser Active X thing).

The CGI mapscript does not have the shapeobj as a class, so what are my options to achive this?

Is there a way of interacting with Mapserver that I am missing?

Robert Crossley
Robert Crossley & Associates
9 Short St
New Brighton NSW 2483