[mapserver-users] MAP EXTENT

Stefano Bonnin shpr at libero.it
Thu Apr 11 10:42:32 EDT 2002

I have yet presented this problem but nobody answered me, please:

say me if this is a too stupid question ...

I have a map (North Italy) and I'm trying to display it with Mapserver.
The map is displayed but only a "fragment" of the map appear on the screen.
If I want to see the remainder of the map I have to use the pan function.

How can I do in orther to view all the map?

This is my map file (a fragment):

NAME DEMO
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 600
EXTENT 6.174567 42.975424 14.815678 47.143435

UNITS DD
SHAPEPATH "data"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
SYMBOLSET "/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache/htdocs/Nord/symbols/symbol.sym"
FONTSET "/WINNT/Fonts/fonts.list"

If I try to modify the EXTENT nothing happen, another fragment of the map is
displayed (but not the entire map)

Somebody can help me? I hope so ......

Thanks,

Stefano B.