[mapserver-users] Can the map be stretched vertically?

Bjarni Pjetursson Bjarni.Pjetursson at tietoenator.com
Tue Apr 16 05:39:08 EDT 2002

I've taken a tab-file from MapInfo, saved it as a shp-file, and put it into
MapServer.

In MapInfo the map is square but when displaying the same map in MapServer
the map is rectangle. The height of the map has halfed. Why is that?

It seems that different companies have different idears as to how to display
GIS data. I tried Geographic Explorer from Blue Marble Software (freeware),
and it showed the map like MapServer do. Actually, I can only get MapInfo to
show the map square.

My customer has gotten used to the way MapInfo shows the map. Can I make
MapServer show the map the same way?

You can see the two different maps here:
http://www.dynameks.com/cwu-btp/mapserv
Image 1 is from MapInfo and Image 2 is from MapServer.

Regards
Bjarni Thor Pjetursson