[mapserver-users] zoom to query on shape attribute

Ellenbecker, Larry LEllenbecker at co.winnebago.wi.us
Tue Apr 16 09:59:28 EDT 2002

HI,

I've been checking query/filter listings and have not found a snippit that
does what I want.  I'm using ms 3.5 in basic cgi.  I need help with:

1.	I want to use a itemtype text prompt to have a user enter a parcel
id number from my webpage.html. Everything I find seems to be derived from a
select list.
2.	Select the parcel from the parcel layer .dbf attribute table.  Need
syntax for the webpage.map file.
3.	Zoom to that parcel and outline or shade it with a contrasting color
from the normal parcel layer in the normal webpage map display area.

Thanks in advance.

Larry
GIS System Analyst
Winnebago County