[mapserver-users] PHP, OGR, DGN help...

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Thu Apr 18 10:26:38 EDT 2002

I need help integrating a DGN file in a MapServer app using PHP MapScript.

Configuration:

  Win2K, IIS
  PHP 4.06
  php_mapscript_35.dll (1/11/2002) from DMSolutions site (this is in the
    PHP4.06_ms5_final distribution folder)

Problem:

The DGN doesn't render...

No errors are returned, I just get a blank map window. The OGR part seems to
be working b/c if I change the source to shapefile, I can get a shapefile to
render (I converted the DGN to a shapefile in ArcView, and put it in the
same directory, if I toggle the CONNECTION lines in the mapfile below, the
shapefile works, the DGN doesn't).

As an aside, I can't seem to get the OGRINFO command to work... I downloaded
the GDAL binary for WINNT (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/). This is
somewhat confusing b/c the gdal documentation focuses on raster data. Is
there an OGRINFO utility that is different than the OGRINFO that is in the
GDAL distribution?

TIA

Chip Hankley

MAPFILE -

# --------------------------------------------------------------
# Start of map file
# --------------------------------------------------------------
SIZE 400 400
EXTENT 263269 169782 285819 210757
UNITS FEET
SHAPEPATH "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OGR"
IMAGECOLOR 204 204 255
# --------------------------------------------------------------
# Start of web interface definition
# --------------------------------------------------------------
WEB
  IMAGEPATH "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\"
  IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
END

# --------------------------------------------------------------
# Start of layer definitions
# --------------------------------------------------------------
LAYER
  NAME CAD1
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON
  Connectiontype OGR
  CONNECTION "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OGR\junk.dgn"
  #CONNECTION "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\OGR\test_cad.shp"
  CLASS
    COLOR 0 255 0
  END
END # CAD1