[mapserver-users] PHP, OGR, DGN help...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 18 11:16:36 EDT 2002

Hankley, Chip wrote:
> I need help integrating a DGN file in a MapServer app using PHP MapScript.
>
> Configuration:
>
>   Win2K, IIS
>   PHP 4.06
>   php_mapscript_35.dll (1/11/2002) from DMSolutions site (this is in the
>     PHP4.06_ms5_final distribution folder)
>
> Problem:
>
> The DGN doesn't render...
>
> No errors are returned, I just get a blank map window. The OGR part seems to
> be working b/c if I change the source to shapefile, I can get a shapefile to
> render (I converted the DGN to a shapefile in ArcView, and put it in the
> same directory, if I toggle the CONNECTION lines in the mapfile below, the
> shapefile works, the DGN doesn't).
>
> As an aside, I can't seem to get the OGRINFO command to work... I downloaded
> the GDAL binary for WINNT (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/). This is
> somewhat confusing b/c the gdal documentation focuses on raster data. Is
> there an OGRINFO utility that is different than the OGRINFO that is in the
> GDAL distribution?

Chip,

It's hard to know why this isn't working, but I would suggesting getting
ogrinfo working is the critical first step.  They you can verify the extents
and types of features available.

The ogrinfo within the GDAL tree is the real and only one.  Have you been able
to build or download a recent ogrinfo?  Does it work?  If not how does it fail?
I suggest you take this up directly with me by email.

I have just released GDAL/OGR 1.1.7 a few minutes ago, and perhaps I should
prepare a corresponding binary release for Windows since the most recent
binary release is rather out of date, and likely predates alot of my work
integrating DGN in OGR properly.

Best regards,