[mapserver-users] OracleSpatial limitations

Bjarni Pjetursson Bjarni.Pjetursson at tietoenator.com
Thu Apr 18 10:55:28 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've been playing around with MapServer for a couple of weeks now, doing
mapping of SHP-files, OGR-files and spatial data from Oracle. MapServer is
pretty impressive!

I'm using version 3.5 for Windows with OracleSpatial support (got the binary
from http:parvillers.homeip.net/mapserver).

Since (I think) I found a couple of bugs/limitations in the OracleSpatial
support, I was wondering if anyone knows the current status on the following
issues:

1. labeling of OracleSpatial shapes not working (Dr. Watson crash on NT)
  try doing a LABELITEM "MyOracleSpatialColumnName"

2. multi-column expressions not working (Dr. Watson crash on NT)
  try doing a: EXPRESSION ([Column1] > 225 AND [Column2] > 315)

3. item query of OracleSpatial shapes not working
  see Rodrigo's mail from 11. Jan. 2002 in the mailing list

Any links to MapServer with OracleSpatial support would also be appreciated.

Regards
Bjarni Thor Pjetursson