[mapserver-users] perl - zooming, panning, and such

Kent S Ridl kridl at cs.und.edu
Thu Apr 18 17:55:19 EDT 2002

greetings!  i have a couple things...

first, when i run my script, everything displays as it should initially,
but if i look in my web log, there are a couple references to "(in
cleanup) not a hash reference...(blah).../mapscript.pm line 1801"  i've
seen other lines pop up every now and then for other objects, but 1801 is
the only consistent one.  just wondering if anybody in mapscript land
might know what's causing that.  the only thing i can think of is i'm
using mapscript to build everything from scratch without a mapfile or
anything else.  is that a valid possibility??

second, i need guidance on getting a pan-and-zoom interface to work.  i've
toyed with porting the php example from the online docs to perl and also
with a recent post from lowell, but to no avail.  methinks most of my
problem is because i don't really understand extents and what they
represent well enough to manipulate them the way i need.  if anyone
has any good references or comments on that, i'd appreciate it greatly.
also, is it possible that the aforementioned problem may be affecting my
pan/zoom logic?  just a thought...

anyhoo, thanks in advance for your help!  sorry for being so long-winded!
:-D

kent ridl