[mapserver-users] Problems displaying tiffs and jpegs

Nicole Bömeke bon at ivv-aachen.de
Fri Apr 19 08:07:07 EDT 2002

Just for testing, I now tried to display images in .jpg format instead of
.tif format.
But I got the same result - nothing shows up. I think I'm doing something
really wrong.

I used the jpegs created through mapserver in the /temp/ directory (output
IMAGETYPE JPEG).
After converting them to greyscale images with Paint Shop Pro, I had two
jpeg images
country.jpg and lakes.jpg. In the world files for these jpegs, I used the
minx and the
maxy extend from the shapefiles.

country.wld:
-----------------
0.6
0.0000000000
0.0000000000
-0.6
388107.634400379
5310243.30613897

lakes.wld:
-----------------
0.6
0.0000000000
0.0000000000
-0.6
393234.393701
5303964.87675

To display the jpegs I modified the .map file from the demo like this:

#
# Start of layer definitions
#

LAYER
  NAME ctybdpy2
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA country.jpg
END

LAYER
  NAME lakespy2
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS OFF
  DATA lakes.jpg
  CLASS
    COLOR 49 117 185
  END
END

It would be gread, if you could help me, because by now I'm really stuck.
Thanks, Nicole.

Nicole Bömeke
IVV Aachen
Germany