[mapserver-users] using Mapscript to pan around a querymap

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Mon Apr 22 09:19:56 EDT 2002

I believe Steve is correct. You will need to select the point by attribute first then read the coordinates for the point and buffer them and use that buffer as your new mapextent. From that you can create a drawQuery map that can be panned & etc.
This link has example code regarding the DBFInfo Object:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/perlmapscript-reference.html#dbfinfo
This link has example code regarding reading the extents for a selected shape:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/perlmapscript-reference.html#shapefileobj
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by laurentiu lionte <llionte at yahoo.com> on Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:24:18 -0700 (PDT).