[mapserver-users] Street Searching

Stefano Bonnin shpr at libero.it
Fri Apr 26 07:02:23 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have to develop a Street Searching function where

the user can insert City and Street ( and number) and the application must
display the map centered on this street.

How can I do that with mapserver?
Can you give me an Hint in order to do this.

I read the PHP Map/documentation but I did't find any query of this type.
My personal solution is the following:

with a PHP application I get the user input (Street and City) and I query to
the database in order to find the object ID, then, I "say" to mapserver to
create a map with this object ....

Someone can say me if this is a possible solution or if there are a more
simple solution?

Thanks.

Stefano B.

---