[mapserver-users] Street Searching

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Apr 26 08:10:16 EDT 2002

Stefano,

I wrote a separate CGI program to do this. You could write it in C or
Perl or whatever. It does the address lookup by scanning the approprate
shape files and when it has a result it sends a client redirect to the
browser to get it to load the map with the Lat/Long result for the
search results.

I think you will find this much easier to do if you think about doing it
outside of mapserver/mapscript and only send the final result to get
mapserver to display the answer.

-Steve W.