[mapserver-users] Point inside or outside polygon???

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Aug 1 10:18:40 EDT 2002

Jan -

The reason this problem is different from the pure mathematical example is that pixels are NOT points in that they have an area.  That's why it's best to leave the answer as "indeterminate".  If I have two polygons sharing an edge, which pixels are drawn in which polygon will depend upon (among other things) the algorithm used, error term initialization, etc.

	- Ed