[mapserver-users] acetate logo?

TCHaddad TCHaddad at cshore.com
Thu Aug 1 18:36:23 EDT 2002

In browsing the archive we see how to add an acetate layer that contains a TRUETYPE string (below) ... but what if we want to add a logo from a GIF file as an acetate?

We tried adding it to the SYMBOLSET file, and then drawing it as an annotation layer.. but it didn't seem to work, and we're wondering if that is the right approach.

TH

--------------------snip-----------------------

It can be done at the map file level. Here's an example layer definition:

  LAYER
    NAME credits
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TRANSFORM FALSE
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    FEATURE
      POINTS 4 396 END
      TEXT '© 2000 Minnesota DNR'
    END
    CLASS
      LABEL
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        FONT myriad_web_bold
        SIZE 8
        ANTIALIAS
        COLOR 255 255 255
        POSITION UR
      END
    END
  END

It's done with inline features.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "GIS Malaysia" <gismalaysia at hotmail.com> 03/04/01 07:38AM >>>
Hi,

How does one 'stamp' a Copyright notice at the lower left of the map image
such as "Data by XYZ Pte Ltd" ?

I could use PHP image manipulation methods but I think it can be done in
Mapscript.

Thanks
Nyon